One of our key aims is to build the capacity of the partner organisations we work with.
There are many community development organisations doing amazing work. But we have found there is a significant lack of people who are confident to talk with understanding about sex, conception, pregnancy and issues of reproductive health.
We provide a tool for these organisations, so that their staff are trained to talk about the core issues of sexuality. Professional development is provided for teams, so staff also grow in their own ability and learn the skills of being a facilitator and trainer.
Teenage pregnancy is an issue that impacts many levels of society, and when it is discussed, addressed and reduced, then all other community development work will benefit.
- There will be less of a need for orphanages
- Educating girls will be easier as they can be kept in school
- School class sizes can become more manageable
- There can be a reduction in crime, and less young girls on the street
- There will be fewer single mothers for the community to care for