Are you the next Wise Choices for Life CEO?
Wise Choices for Life (WCFL) exists to address one of the preventable causes of inter-generational poverty – maternal mortality, by transforming thinking and behaviour through culturally relevant reproductive health and life skills training. In Partnership with local community leaders in underserved communities, we equip and support them to share this knowledge with their communities. Our Vision is to see every child born into a caring, healthy, and loving family.
After 12 years of excellent service, our Executive Director has recently retired. WCFL now seeks a new CEO to further develop this critically needed work in East Africa and to extend our reach to other nations. Covid19 may have brought some challenges in how we operate but it does present some exciting opportunities too.
WCFL Australia was established by a group of people whose motivations and convictions were rooted in their Christian faith. The new CEO would be expected to:
- Be a mature, passionate, and practicing Christian
- Fully align with the Purpose, Mission and Vision of WCFL and be able to articulate the global need for our work
- Have a background in (or at bare minimum, a keen interest in) reproductive health, midwifery, nursing, or public health
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge in NFP/Charity Governance and experience reporting to a Board
- Have evidence to support their significant experience as a successful Leader in a small to medium organisation
- Demonstrate her/his ability to manage teams in a way that inspires them towards operational excellence and delivery of the agreed goals. Managing remote teams and volunteer workers will be highly regarded
- Have sound business acumen, financial literacy, fundraising and budget management experience
- Willing to travel (when border control allows)
- Have security clearances as required for the role, prior to commencement (WWC, Responsible Person, police checks, etc.)
The position is part time to begin with. However, full time is possible if the incumbent can be partially self-supported.
If you feel called to serve in this way, please:
- Download and peruse the Position Description.
- Prepare a Cover Letter to
- Explain how you feel called and why you are interested in the role
- Outline how you address all the Selection Criteria and are best suited to the role
- Send your Cover Letter with your updated Resume to Dr. Janice Kreltszheim via email: [email protected] by 6pm on 21 September 2020.
Please note that only candidates who are successful to interview stage will be contacted.