– John & Marg Docking begin in Uganda at Nile Vocational Institute (NVI) as interns with African Enterprise.
– While teaching life skills they notice that little is taught about reproductive health and there are many unplanned pregnancies.
– Because of large families, no amount of trade skills or employment can lift Ugandans from the systemic poverty.
– In consultation with key community leaders, an illustrated manual is written and NVI starts to educate their students in reproductive health.
– Once back in Australia Marg forms a NFP organisation and begins to write a training curriculum.
– Marg makes several trips back to Uganda to train and partner with other local organisations to maximise the impact of this unique program