WCFL’s long term goal is to become sustainable by having both countries fund aspects of the work. Our vision is to break the poverty cycle. To do this we must work towards also breaking the DEPENDENCY syndrome.
With the growing number of volunteers helping in Australia and Africa we can see the work is growing rapidly. The administration costs are kept low due to volunteerism and low overheads but we still need to fund our work responsibly.
In Australia we are:
- Running Professional Midwifery and nurses seminars to raise funds for the training kits
- Selling fresh Ugandan coffee. Contact is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organising speaking engagements, fundraising dinners and other events
In Uganda we are moving toward sustainability by:
- Each organisation hosts the workshop paying for venu/materials/catering.
- Each Ugandan hosting workshop covers International trainers internal travel and some accommodation costs.
- Sale of the training Kits approx $500 each (1,300 000 UGX each)
- Sale of individual productions, small books, flipcharts.